"...bears little resemblance to your mother's fussy reading group."
- Judy Berman, NY Press (Apr 1, 2009)
"There is a place in Brooklyn where songwriters know no fear."
- ASCAP (Dec 22, 2009)
"So far, the books have ranged from The Bible to Darwin's Origin of Species to Watchmen."
- Talisa Chang, Greenpoint Gazette (Jan 7, 2010)
"Brooklyn's Goodbye Blue Monday hosts a monthly series devoted to literary music."
- Sophie Harris, Timeout NY (May 26, 2009)
"The first installment of the Hip Hop Book Club at Goodbye Blue Monday in Bushwick tonight will feature rappers who read."
- The New York Times (March 1, 2010)
"The Bushwick Book Club might be one of the best ideas to pop out of Brooklyn in quite some time..."
- Jason Diamond, Vol. 1 Brooklyn (Aug 4, 2009)
"Are you bored by your book club's pleasant conversation and mundane fare?"
- Ian Crouch, The New Yorker (Nov 3, 2009)
"...they were able to contribute a range of responses to Darwin's work. Some of the songs are funny, political, or didactic.... Warning: Some of the songs contain explicit language."
- Laura Pelcher, NPR "Science Friday" blog (Nov 18, 2009)
"Any day is a good day to head to Goodbye Blue Monday, but tonight you can be a part of the Bushwick Book Club, 'an event of unparalleled songwriting nerdery.'"
- Gothamist (Jan 6, 2009)
"These girls came in awesome pseudo-costume to sing their musicalization of John and Laurie's heavy metaphysical conversation on Mars."
- Geekanerd (June 2, 2009)
- Timeout NY (Apr 7, 2009)